Research & Benefits Evaluation
Understanding the Canadian Landscape
Infoway is committed to contributing to digital health research in Canada. To support health care organizations, clinicians, policy makers, and patients, families and caregivers, Infoway conducts research into the value of digital health solutions as well as clinicians' and Canadians' attitudes and perceptions.
This research supports health care organizations and clinical communities by removing barriers to adoption. It also helps patient advocates by raising awareness of the benefits of digital health. Policy makers can also use the research to help address issues in health care and implement digital health projects and new technologies. Infoway also conducts research and landscape scans of emerging issues. The research is designed to raise awareness of policy gaps and inform decision-making.
In addition, Infoway works closely with our jurisdictional partners to assess the benefits and value of digital health projects and whether our investment objectives have been achieved.
The Importance of Benefits Evaluations
Infoway conducts national surveys to gauge the awareness, attitudes and adoption of digital health across Canada.
Infoway works closely with partners and stakeholders to:
- Assess whether or not digital health projects are positively impacting Canadians and the health system (i.e. are they increasing Canadians’ access to care and improving their ability to manage their health?)
- Determine whether objectives have been met by projects funded by Infoway investments
- Understand how to improve future digital health projects
Through benefits evaluation, Canadian health stakeholders can gain valuable insights into:
- The level of awareness that Canadians have about digital health technologies
- How well they’ve adopted those technologies
- Their feelings about utilizing them and their increased presence in the health system
Digital health Infowatch
Benefits Evaluation Framework
Infoway’s Benefits Evaluation Framework, which has been implemented across Canada and internationally, demonstrates the relationship between the implementation of an effective digital health solution, the adoption of that solution and the resulting impacts, all of which provides a basis for measurement.
For instructions and resources to support application of the framework, please refer to Canada Health Infoway Benefits Evaluation Indicators Technical Report Version 2.0.