The ImagineNation Challenges seek to inspire and spread innovation in health and health care. While each Challenge is different, they all share a common theme – sharing experiences and promoting the growth and effective use of digital health in Canada.
e-Connect Impact Challenge
The e-Connect Impact Challenge is inviting innovative health providers across Canada using digital health solutions to connect with their patients and peers to join the Challenge! There are up to $1 Million in awards and incentives available as well as the opportunity for teams to showcase how they are using digital health to demonstrate increased use and improvement in four distinct categories:
- e-Requests for Prescription Renewals or Refills
- e-Requests for Services
- e-Reports of Services
For more details on the challenge and to learn how to participate, visit the e-Connect ImpactChallenge website.
The Public Health Social Media Challenge
The Public Health Social Media Challenge encouraged Public Health organizations to use social media initiatives in creative and innovative ways. This Challenge was designed to support public health organizations as they improve reach, increase engagement, and provide tailored experiences for targeted individuals and communities- all through the use of social media.
The Challenge was open to organizations that deliver public health services in Canada and undertake social media campaigns that overlapped with the Challenge period of February 26, 2014 through September 30, 2014.
This Challenge is now closed and the award recipients have been notified.
Visit the Public Health Social Media Challenge website to view all initiatives and find out the full results.
Launched in May 2013, the Impact Challenges captured the impact of digital health in three categories; patient, career and business:
- Patient Impact Challenge: Participants were asked to describe, in 250 words or fewer, the impact digital health has had on their experience as a patient or a caregiver.
- Career Impact Challenge: Participants were asked to describe, in 250 words or fewer, the impact public investments in digital health solutions have had on their professional career. The career impact could be reflected through training, advancement, leadership, networking, collaboration, time saved, personal effectiveness or other results.
- Business Impact Challenge: Participants were asked to describe the impact public investments in digital health solutions have had on their business.
Visit the Challenge website to read the stories!
In 2012, Infoway launched the Outcomes Challenge to showcase the successes of Challenge teams and encourage the spread of innovative solutions in four key categories that provide value to individual Canadians and clinicians:
- Patient Access to Information
- Clinical Synoptic Reporting
- Medication Reconciliation
By the end of the Challenge, over three million uses of solutions in these categories were logged by Challenge teams. Visit the Outcomes Challenge website to view the teams and the innovative solutions that drove their success.
ImagineNation Ideas Challenge
In 2011, Infoway hosted its first Challenge, called the ImagineNation Ideas Challenge.
Canadians were asked to submit their best idea to improve health or health care using information and communications technology.
Between March 31 and June 27, 2011 over a thousand Canadians, including clinicians, health professionals and academics submitted ideas or cast their votes to select their favourite entries.
Learn more about the ImagineNation Ideas Challenge and see the leading ideas.