- To establish standards to support Infoway’s mandate in fostering and accelerating the deployment and use of eHealth solutions
- To provide services to support and maintain these standards
- To act in a formal liaison role to international Standards Organizations
In 2006, Canada Health Infoway and the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) agreed to launch a new pan-Canadian coordination function to support and sustain health information standards on a national scale. The objective of the Standards Collaborative was to integrate the Canadian health information standards community into a single, cohesive, coordinated forum and provide a single point of contact for health information standards in Canada.
That Standards Collaborative was borne through extensive engagement and consultations with Infoway and CIHI Boards; federal provincial and territorial Deputy Ministers of Health; as well as domestic and international health information standards stakeholders.
What emerged was an agreement to streamline the overall management of health information standards in Canada to promote the development, maintenance and implementation of pan-Canadian standards as a critical foundation for pan-Canadian electronic health information systems. Recognizing the importance of these standards to the achievement of the Infoway mandate, a consensus was reached to have the Standards Collaborative become part of the Infoway organization. In 2007, the Infoway Board approved the Standards Collaborative’s strategy and status as an Infoway service, as well as the portfolio of standards it would support, as funding permits.
- Launch of Beta Version of InfoRMS to support requests for changes to pan-Canadian HL7 Artefacts and SCWG work items
- TLI and interRAI Assessment Instruments Obtain SC Canadian Approved Standard (CAS) Status!
- New ISO/TC215 Privacy, Security and Safety Publications – Canadian Led! Learn More
- Managing the Health System SCWG 3 Work Streamlined Into SCWG 2 and SCWG 4
- Sign up for the Terminology Implementer's Bulletin
Find out about Infoway’s pan-Canadian standards education offerings including tutorials, online education, custom workshops and certification exams.