Working with health IT solutions… Have you thought about health information standards?
The Canada Health Infoway (Infoway) Standards Collaborative (SC) is your Canadian source for key standards that help to ensure that the right health information is available at the right time and to the right person – which can lead to improved patient safety, faster access to care, cost savings, and ultimately better outcomes for consumers, clinicians and the health care system.
Try an Infoway Standards Collaborative Membership at no cost or with expanded benefits at a low rate!
A SC membership allows you to have access to licensed international and Canadian health information standards (e.g. SNOMED CT, HL7 and pCLOCD). These standards can be used to "code" and accurately "share" data to support a wide range of business and clinical needs such as:
- Clinical Decision Support (e.g. alerts and reminders)
- Computerized Provider Order Entry-CPOE (e.g. order sets)
- Synoptic Reporting (e.g. cancer care management)
- Safe and secure exchange of health care information (e.g. drugs, labs, diagnostic imaging) across the continuity of care
- Population health management (e.g. screening, public health)
- Data analytics (e.g. performance management, research)
- Much more!
If you are interested in having comparable and consistent health care information to support the above, try out a SC membership, and check out some of our products and services.
The current membership year runs from April 1, 2014 to March 31, 2015. Sign up anytime!
There are two types of memberships that are available.
SC General Membership at no cost!
A General Membership is a great way to learn more about health information standards and assess future business growth opportunities.
- Access to review and learn more about health information standards (e.g. SNOMED CT, HL7 Canadian Material, etc.)
- Network and connect with other members via the SC Membership Directory
- Participate in online community discussion groups
- Receive a monthly e-newsletter (Standards Dispatch) to stay abreast of hot topics, resources, and upcoming engagement opportunities (e.g. complimentary educational offerings)
- And much more!
SC Premium Membership
In addition to the benefits that SC General members receive, SC premium members receive additional benefits such as:
- Rights to use licensed health information standards (e.g. SNOMED CT, HL7) in solutions
- Discounts on Infoway conferences and events
- Access to tools that make it easier to implement interoperable standards-based solutions
- And much more!
- ** Corporate premium memberships can add unlimited number of staff to their account who can all take advantage of the benefits associated with their account.**
Learn more about SC Membership benefits and SC Premium Membership fees:
SC Membership Benefits by Tier
Click here to download the Benefits by Tier table
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
RIGHTS TO USE
|Licensed International & Canadian SNOMED CT Standards Material||√
(for learning purposes only)
|Licensed HL7 Canadian Standards Material||√
(for learning purposes only starting May 1, 2014)
|Licensed International HL7 Material||X||√|
|Additional Canadian Standards Material (e.g. pan-Canadian LOINC Observation Code Database)||√||√|
|Terminology Toolkits (e.g. SNOMED CT) to provide guidance on implementation||√||√|
|Interoperability Tools & Solutions (e.g. to support mapping of terminologies)||X||√|
|Education & Training Support (*some fees may apply)||√||√|
|Monthly e-newsletter (Standards Dispatch) and other updates||√||√|
|Discounts on Infoway events and SC Education offerings||X||√|
|SC Membership Directory **connect and network with other SC Members||√||√|
|Online Discussion Groups (e.g. Standards Collaborative Working Groups)||√||√|
|Request for Change Process **submission of proposals to change standards to better meet business and clinical needs**||√||√|
|Voting on content & reconciliation of standards||X||√|
|SC Governance Leadership Positions and Elections||X||√|
SC Premium Membership Fees
|Corporate Premium Categories|
The Standards Collaborative attracts members from a variety of communities, including:
- Health service delivery organizations
- Health solution providers
- Government health agencies/departments
- Health information consultants
- Non-profit Associations
- Academic Institutions
Contact the Standards Collaborative Infodesk:
Toll free: 1-877-595-3417 / Local: 416-595-3417
Learn More about SC Products and Services
"Currently, the greatest challenges to improving patient care and quality through Electronic Health Records are interoperability and health information exchange. Standards are essential in addressing these challenges. Once enabled, the other barriers that exist to clinical adoption and sustainability such as design and usability can be addressed through market competition, technological advancements and research."
- Dr. Peter G. Rossos, Chief Medical Information Officer, University Health Network & SIMS Partnership