Investing in health IT solutions… Have you thought about health information standards?
The Infoway Standards Collaborative (SC) is your Canadian source for key standards that help ensure that the right health information is available at the right time, to the right person – which can lead to improved patient safety, faster access to care, cost savings, and ultimately better outcomes for consumers, clinicians and the health care system.
Try an Infoway Standards Collaborative Membership at no cost or with expanded benefits at a low rate!
A SC membership allows you access to various licensed international and national health information standards (e.g. SNOMED CT). These standards can be used to "code" and accurately "share" data to support a wide range of business and clinical needs such as
- Clinical Decision Support (e.g. alerts and reminders)
- Computerized Provider Order Entry-CPOE (e.g. order sets)
- Synoptic Reporting (e.g. cancer care management)
- Safe and secure exchange of health care information (e.g. drugs, labs, diagnostic imaging) across the continuity of care
- Population health management (e.g. screening, public health)
- Data analytics (e.g. performance management, research)
- Much more!
If you are interested in having comparable and consistent health care information to support the above, you should try out an SC membership, and check out some of our products and services.
Membership is valid from April 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014.
There are two types of memberships that are available.
SC General Membership at no cost!
Great way to learn more about health information standards and assess future business growth opportunities.
- Receive a monthly e-newsletter to stay abreast of hot topics, resources, and upcoming engagement opportunities (e.g. complimentary educational offerings)
- Access to review and learn more about health information standards (e.g. SNOMED CT)
- Network and connect with other members via the SC Membership Directory
- Participate in online community discussion groups
- And much more!
SC Premium Membership
Starting October 1, 2013, you can try a SC Premium Membership at 50% off.
In addition to the above benefits, SC premium members also receive:
- Rights to use health information standards (e.g. SNOMED CT) in solutions
- Discounts on Infoway conferences and events
- Access to tools that make it easier to implement interoperable standards-based solutions
- And much more!
The Standards Collaborative attracts members from a variety of communities, including:
- Health Service Delivery organizations
- Health solution providers
- Government health agencies/departments
- Health information consultants
- Non-profit Associations
- Academic Institutions
Contact the Standards Collaborative Infodesk:
Toll free: 1-877-595-3417 / Local: 416-595-3417
Learn More about SC Products and Services
"Currently, the greatest challenges to improving patient care and quality through Electronic Health Records are interoperability and health information exchange. Standards are essential in addressing these challenges. Once enabled, the other barriers that exist to clinical adoption and sustainability such as design and usability can be addressed through market competition, technological advancements and research."
- Dr. Peter G. Rossos, Chief Medical Information Officer, University Health Network & SIMS Partnership