The Standards Collaborative develops and delivers products and services to support the implementation of pan-Canadian Standards supported by Infoway. This includes working with standards implementers to address standards implementation challenges they may be experiencing.
The Standards Collaborative also develops and shares lessons learned and best practices for implementation. Below you will find links to useful Infoway material and standards-based tools and resources to support implementers of pan-Canadian Standards.
Lessons Learned & Guides
A library of materials to support planning and implementation of health information technology projects.
- Standards Collaborative Products and Services Highlights
- HL7 v2.x to v3 Laboratory Message Mapping
- LOINC Mapping – Planning Stage
- Team Roles for Conformance Testing
Infoway is proud to showcase the achievements of Canadian standards-based health information technology initiatives by emphasizing benefits realized during project implementation. Such accounts provide useful information about implementing and integrating standards and can be found in this section.
- Adopting pan-Canadian Standards: PEI’s experience (video)
- SNOMED CT In Action At UHN
- HL7 Referrals Intelliware Experience Report
- Implementing Pan-Canadian HL7 v3 Standards in Prince Edward Island
Term Watch Articles
The following articles have been featured in Term Watch, our terminology implementers bulletin.
- Canadian Health Outcomes for Better Information and Care (C-HOBIC) Data Set
- Developing Immunization Subsets to Enable Public Health Solutions
- Ensure terminology implementation success
- InfoRMS betas complete
- Mapping Tips and Tricks Using TermWorks
- New releases of pCLOCD and SNOMED CT available
- Ontario Diagnostic Imaging Terminology Project
- SNOMED CT Starter Guide - Now available
Tools and Solutions
The following tools and solutions are designed to assist standards implementers involved in health information technology initiatives.
Find out about Infoway’s pan-Canadian standards education offerings including tutorials, online education, custom workshops and certification exams.