Canada Health Infoway's (Infoway's) Infostructure investment program supports jurisdictional projects that will develop common solution standards and architecture, ensuring that Canada’s electronic health record (EHR) systems are interoperable.
The Infostructure investment program has three core components:
- Electronic health record Solution (EHRS) implementation support
- Cross-program methods and standards
- Privacy and security extensions
Under its Infostructure program, Infoway has developed the EHR Blueprint , a fully validated, scalable architecture that lays out the business and technical considerations and approaches that will ultimately guide the sustainable development of interoperable EHR systems in Canada.
How will Canadians benefit?
- Canadians’ essential health information will be brought together by connected systems, enabling authorized health care providers to access, manage, share and safeguard patient health data.
- IT Standards and best practices will increase the privacy and security of Canadians’ essential health information.
- New health care Infostructure will reduce costs by streamlining workflows and reducing inefficiencies such as repeat laboratory tests.
|Learn how hospitals, doctors and pharmacies share drug information in PEI||Report shows Canada leading the way in the use of telehealth||Better management of chronic conditions|
A Framework and Toolkit for Managing eHealth Change: People and Processes.