We are proud that 2018 Infoway Partnership Conference is Patients Included.
This means that we are “committed to incorporating the experience of patients as experts in living with their condition while ensuring that they are neither excluded nor exploited.” For more information on Patients Included, please visit the website.
A Patients Included status signifies that the event has satisfied all five criteria as identified in the Patients Included charter.
- Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers.
- We have partnered with patient advisors, who will work with Canada Health Infoway (Infoway) from the earliest stages of planning the Partnership Conference to shape the program themes, select speakers, and advise on the patient scholarship program.
- Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery, and appear in its physical audience.
- Patients will be speaking at a number of sessions. Patient speakers, conference patient advisors, and scholarship recipients are invited to stay for the duration of the conference and attend any session they choose.
- Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or caregivers participating in the advertised program are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organizers to allow patients or caregivers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates.
- Patients invited to speak, the conference’s patient advisors, and the recipients of patient scholarships will have registration, travel and accommodation expenses paid in full, in advance.
- All patients, caregivers and family members are eligible to apply for a patient scholarship. Patient scholarship applications available beginning July 18, 2018 . Check back here for more information.
- The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other program elements are open to patient delegates.
- The 2018 Partnership Conference will be held at the Westin Montreal Hotel, which states that it meets all local and provincial accessibility requirements. For more details visit the following link.
- All conference sessions are open to all participants.
- Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.
- The 2018 Partnership Conference will be live-streamed with a virtual conversation component for the Opening Keynotes on November 13 & 14.
- Videos from the Partnership Conference plenary presentations will be uploaded to YouTube following the event.
- The Twitter hashtag #ThinkDigitalHealth will be actively promoted prior to and during the events so that participants, as well as those unable to attend the events, can join the conversation and discussion presentations, key learnings, etc.
- The conference will request presentation slides from all speakers, and host all that are made available on our website for free viewing and downloading.
- Facebook Live videos from the conference will be streamed on Infoway’s Facebook page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.