The ImagineNation Challenges are an innovative way Canada Health Infoway is helping to bring to light digital health innovations in use in Canada. Spurred by healthy competition, the eleven Challenges launched so far have engaged more than 380 individuals/organizations across the country, and achieved more than 74 million uses of digital health solutions.
Infoway started the ImagineNation Challenges in 2011. While each Challenge is different, they share a common theme – sharing experiences and promoting the growth and effective use of digital health in Canada.
Current Challenges include:
- The Engaged Patient Challenge asks participants to share their digital health story and how they could make an impact by attending the Digital Health Week 2016 Public Forum and 2016 Infoway Partnership Conference. Successful entrants will be awarded complimentary registration to this year’s conference, a secured spot to attend the Digital Health Week Public Forum as well as travel and accommodation to Toronto.
Past Challenges have included the following:
- The Data Impact Challenge II – following the successful first Data Impact Challenge, the ImagineNation team wanted another set of important health and health care questions to be answered to inform health care decision-making.
- The Data Impact Challenge – challenged researchers and data analysts to add their piece to the health care puzzle by answering important health care questions that could help reimagine the future of the evidenced-informed decision making.
- The e-Connect Impact Challenge, encouraged health care providers to connect digitally with their patients and each other.
- The Public Health Social Media Challenge demonstrated how social media tools provide powerful new ways to spread public health messages.
- The Accelerate Challenge boosted patient care and fostered health system improvements by encouraging greater patient and clinician use of technology.
- The Patient Impact Challenge provided an opportunity for Canadians to tell their story of how digital health improves health, health care, and the experiences of patients and caregivers.
- The Business Impact Challenge provided Canadian businesses an opportunity to demonstrate how they were positively impacted by investments in digital health.
- The Career Impact Challenge gathered stories from professionals about how public investments in digital health had an impact on their careers.
- The Outcomes Challenge helped to accelerate the use and spread of innovative solutions in four key areas with the potential to improve health care quality and the patient experience.
- The Ideas Challenge asked Canadians for bold new ideas to transform health care to enhance access, improve quality of care delivery or make the system more efficient.