|Reference Number :||PM33-033|
|Date of Issuance:||Monday, February 5, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Monday, February 12, 2018, 12:00 noon ET|
|Role:||Engagement Manager, PrescribeIT Alberta|
|Reporting to:||Executive Director, PrescribeIT™|
Alberta home office
12 months full-time, with the possibility to renew for up to two (2) additional 12 month terms, based on the same terms and conditions
The Bidder understands and agrees that the following information will be made publicly available should a contract be concluded between the Bidder and Infoway:
|End Date:||12 months after the start date|
|Language Requirements:||Excellent English spoken and written required|
|Travel Requirements:||Ocasional travel within Canada|
Canada Health Infoway is working with Health Canada, the provinces and territories, and industry stakeholders to create, operate and maintain a financially self-sustaining, multi-jurisdiction e-prescribing service, known as PrescribeIT™. This will be a single service that can be scaled for use across the country, enabling prescribers to electronically transmit a prescription to a patient’s pharmacy of choice.
The service will provide safer and more effective medication management by connecting community-based prescribers (such as physicians and nurse practitioners), either through their existing electronic medical records (EMR) systems or standalone applications, to community retail pharmacies to enable the electronic transmission of prescriptions.
Canada Health Infoway is currently working with Alberta Health to launch the PrescribeIT service in Alberta. This includes developing and executing a project to integrate with specified Alberta systems. The PrescribeIT schedule includes a Limited Production Release (LPR1) in Alberta, which is currently live in one of the communities to be followed by a broad deployment (LPR2 and R1) over the next 18 months.
Role and Objective of the Mandate:
The Engagement Manager will provide short and long-term planning, strategic alignment, leadership, subject matter expertise, project management, operational oversight, negotiation, monitoring, and risk management to ensure success throughout all phases of the project releases.
This position will report into Executive Director, PrescribeITTM program of Canada Health Infoway.
Services may include, but are not limited to:
- Exceeding client expectations by anticipating needs and working to resolve potential issues for Alberta LPR and R1
- Accountable for working with the external stakeholders - Privacy commissioner, and relevant regulators and associations to obtain approvals on various agreements, approach and other regulations
- Communications (meetings, focus groups, bulletins)
- Preparing and reviewing program related documentation for both internal and external communication.
- Establishing regular, ongoing meeting cadence with external stakeholders in AB province for successful delivery of LPR1, LPR2 and R1.
- Managing Risk – Risk monitoring and mitigation plan/approach
- Creating standard, repeatable business processes to engage & service external stakeholders, as identified by the program delivery team
- Accountable for managing all deployment resources and their work/deliverables on PrescribeIT in Alberta
- Accountable for delivery of end to end (Plan, Launch, Integrate & Rollout) AB PrescribeIT plan
- Accountable for site selection and Deployment during launch & Roll out phase
- Project status reporting – internal as well as external
- Responsible for working with Program Director and solution vendors for the quality delivery of development, QA and deployment milestones
- Responsible for working with various PrescribeIT leads – Change management, Deployment, QA, Service management to build a detailed end to end project plan for their release
- Responsible for working with Infoway’s compliance and Operations team to prepare content related to PrescribeIT solution and present recommendations for decisions
- Accountable for working with the Alberta team’s Regional Project Manager, PrescribeIT (who deals directly with Alberta Health and integration issues) on the execution of the jurisdictional SOW for PrescribeIT integration workRisk monitoring and mitigation plan/approach
Skills and experience required
- Project Management experience of a minimum of 10 years in the implementation of large business transformation programs involving pharmacies, EMRs and electronic prescriptions in the health care sector
- Experience and strong understanding of eprescribing solutions is an asset
- Experience in I.T./I.S. development and integration
- Experience working on eHealth system integration projects with the provinces
- Experience in product acceptance, conformance testing
- Experience working and negotiating with third party vendors
- Experience designing and implementing retail pharmacy management systems is an asset
- Ability to oversee multiple project resources from different departments or organizations along with experience coordinating resources across health system organizations
- Analytical skills to identify gaps, deficiencies and develop technical solutions
- Strong knowledge of provincial eHealth and drug information systems
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders and resolve conflicts and issues demonstrating strong negotiation, communication, and facilitation skills
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex, or ambiguous
- Ability to interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions
- Strong business analysis skills, with the ability to research and assemble relevant information for retail pharmacies and EMR solutions
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills
- Strong written and verbal communications coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence others
- High level of initiative and self-direction.
- Strong knowledge of the health care systems (e.g. PIN, registries, authentication services, etc. )
- Previous experience of product or service management, an asset
- Understanding of Canada Health Infoway mandate and PrescribeIT initiative
The resource(s) for this project will be chosen according to the following evaluation criteria:
Infoway may request interviews with specific resources proposed. These interviews would take place in the Toronto or Montreal Infoway office. Travel expenses pertaining to these interviews will not be covered by Infoway.
- Download and complete the Mandatory Requirements Form (MS Word download).
- Attach a Word or PDF resume, not exceeding 3 pages in length (minimum 10pt font).
- It is the bidder's responsibility to seek formal clarification of any discrepancies or omissions in this contract resourcing opportunity, or for any issues which appear unclear, particularly those which may affect the prices and sums quoted for the work called for by this request.
- Bidders having any questions or requiring clarification of the intent or meaning of any part thereof shall notify in writing by facsimile or e-mail no less than two working days prior to the closing date. Infoway may respond to any such requests by verbal or written clarification to the bidder making the request. Verbal instructions or clarifications shall not be binding unless confirmed in writing.
- Infoway may make changes to, or provide clarification of, the contract resourcing opportunity by way of issuance of written addenda which will be posted on this website. Infoway will endeavour not to issue any addenda later than two days before the closing date.
- Infoway reserves, in its sole discretion, the right to reject any response or to reject any irregularities in any response. Infoway is not obligated to accept the lowest priced response nor any response at all.
- Infoway requires the bidder to submit two files by e-mail as indicated above. Responses should be received by e-mail at the address above, no later than the time and date specified above.
- Infoway is neither liable nor responsible for any costs incurred by bidders in the preparation, submission or presentation of their response. All responses become the property of Infoway.
- Bidders are to detail any assumptions made in the preparation of their response. However, bidders are cautioned that, except where Infoway has explicitly and in writing agreed to a bidder's assumptions, Infoway will not entertain any additional charges if the bid preparation assumptions made by individual bidders turn out to be wrong. It is the duty of each bidder to ask the necessary questions to ensure that they have a complete understanding of the requirement before submitting their response.
- Pricing and Specifications agreed to between the Bidder and Infoway are confidential.