Infoway oversees a national program to review and certify digital health solutions for conformity to privacy, security and interoperability requirements, which helps to promote and protect Canadians’ personal health information. Buyers of digital health solutions can rely on the Infoway Mark of Conformity.
Launched in February 2009 and updated in 2012 and 2017, Infoway’s certification requirements were developed using accepted standards within the international and Canadian health information technology industry and enhanced with input and feedback from a broad range of health industry stakeholders.
The 2017 Edition is a harmonized set of privacy and security requirements, which has achieved an alignment between individual provincial requirements and international standards. These harmonized requirements have been designed to reduce testing redundancy by recognizing and leveraging the national Mark of Conformity awarded to successful digital health solutions.
The objectives of Infoway Certification Services are to:
- Provide a national program to reduce the cost and risk to vendors and purchasers of digital health solutions in Canada.
- Increase the recognition, acceptance and adoption of trusted digital health solutions in the Canadian marketplace.
- Ensure private and secure standards-based solutions are uniformly applied across the country.
Infoway offers pre-implementation certification for the following technology classes:
- Client Registry
- Consumer Health Application
- Consumer Health Platform
- Diagnostic Imaging (DI)
- Drug Information Systems (DIS)
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) / Ambulatory Electronic Medical Record (aEMR)
- Immunization Registry
- Provider Registry
For more information about Certification Services please contact Infoway Certification Services.
To request a copy of certification criteria, please click here.