Infoway oversees a process to certify private, secure, standards-based interoperable health information solutions that leverage Canada’s substantial investments in digital health. The objectives of Infoway Certification Services are to:
- Reduce cost and risk to vendors and purchasers of health IT solutions in Canada by certifying products that meet established pan-Canadian criteria
- Promote the use of trusted, interoperable health IT solutions in the Canadian marketplace
- Ensure standards-based solutions are uniformly applied across the country
At the heart of Certification Services is a product review to determine whether it conforms to the Infoway assessment criteria. The assessment criteria are focused on privacy, security, interoperability and management. They have been developed using accepted standards within the Canadian and international health information communities, and enhanced with input and feedback from a broad range of health industry stakeholders.
Infoway offers pre-implementation certification for the following technology classes:
- Ambulatory Electronic Medical Record (aEMR)
- Client Registry
- Consumer Health Application
- Consumer Health Platform
- Diagnostic Imaging (DI)
- Drug Information Systems (DIS)
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Immunization Registry
- Provider Registry
Infoway's Certification Services Program for digital health solutions is pleased to have formed an Advisory Committee. This committee was established as part of the seven initiatives identified in last year's joint review and is comprised of thought-leaders drawn from the clinician, vendor and eHealth agency communities from across Canada. These individuals demonstrate a high level of commitment to advancing Canada's digital health industry and are collaborating with Infoway to continually enhance the Certification Services Program to meet the needs of their communities. See the full list of committee members.
For more information about Certification Services please contact Infoway Certification Services.
To request a copy of certification criteria, please click here.