Who is LEADing the way?
Congratulations to the 2016 LEADing Practice award recipients! Infoway in partnership with Accreditation Canada is pleased to announce five LEADing Practice award recipients who are recognized for improving the patient and clinician experience through their advanced use of digital health in clinical practice.
LEADing practices are noteworthy examples of high-quality leadership and service delivery (Accreditation Canada, 2013). The following criteria were used by a selection committee including representatives from national professional organizations and a patient representative to determine this year’s recipients:
- Supports new models of care that enhance patient-self management and enables clinicians to work within their full scope of practice;
- Exemplifies one or more of the five benefit areas of digital health; and
- Demonstrates change leadership
The 2016 LEADing Practice organizations are:
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Couchiching Family Health Team
- Hamilton Health Sciences
- University Health Network
- University of Calgary - Departments of Critical Care Medicine, Infectious Diseases and Medical Microbiology
These organizations have been sharing their LEADing Practices with other clinicians and health care leaders to help spread the adoption of similar practices.
Learn more about the 2015 LEADing Practice Award recipients: