Managing change and collaborating for effective digital health implementations
The Change Management Network (CMN) brings together change leaders and practitioners, from coast to coast from national health care organizations, to collaborate and exchange knowledge and experiences. The network communicates, educates and promotes the value of using change management (CM) methodologies, approaches, and tools at every stage of digital health solution implementation for successful clinical adoption and the realization of health benefits.
Who are change leaders?
A change leader is someone directly involved in making change happen in their organization; a change champion, clinician peer leader, a member of a working group for a change initiative or a project team member.
The pan-Canadian network members have developed many resources and tools based on the National Change Management Framework and Toolkit. These include: guides and practical tools, leading practices, project success stories, reviews of the literature and webinars showcasing Canadian experts sharing insights from projects leveraging change management elements.
To be a part of the change, join the PCCMN!
Focused and appropriately resourced change management is a driver of clinical adoption and for achieving benefits linked to organizational performance, staff engagement and morale, as well as delivery of value to patients, providers and the health system alike.
In order to achieve realization of benefits:
- Must hardwire reliable measurement processes into the ongoing operation of the health care system, including efforts to:
- Link strategic goals and objectives to operational outcomes
- Create synergy between existing measurement programs
- Enhance technology system design for clinicians
- Promote measurements that support course correction
- Promote buy-in to the selection and deployment of measures
- Operationalize the assessment of value and opportunities for improvement using a sustainable, reliable approach
Want to get join the discussion on change management in healthcare?
Join the Change Management Network on LinkedIn to connect and participate in discussions on change management topics with your peers across Canada and share your insights and experiences.