Solution Architect, PrescribeIT
Position Title: Solution Architect, PrescribeIT
Report to: Senior Solution Architect
Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Infoway is working to deploy and further develop PrescribeIT, a single, end-to-end e-prescribing service that enables prescribers to electronically transmit a prescription to a patient’s pharmacy of choice. This service will reduce the use of paper prescriptions, enhance patient safety, improve continuity of care, optimize existing drug information system investments, and facilitate better health outcomes for Canadians.
Canada Health Infoway is growing to support the deployment and delivery of new models of care in healthcare. Aligning with the movement towards continuous delivery, automated deployments to the cloud, we are looking for a highly motivated Solution Architect with good understanding and hands on experience in designing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring Cloud infrastructures , as well as good understanding software application architectures and can provide support in both infrastructure and applications.
- Planning, architect and design, developing, installation, configuration and maintenance of production software and hosting infrastructure in Cloud and on-prem
- Working closely with our product business analysts and development teams to ensure the implementation of our cloud-based solutions to align with business goals
- Being subject matter expertise in designing and managing PaaS, SaaS and IaaS type services.
- Participate in the definition of domain standards, guidelines and best practices for Cloud operations.
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical designs and standards.
- Work with architects and vendor on creating services/data migration plan to the new cloud application and platform.
- Work with operations team and for runbook and cloud monitoring setup and scripts
- Proactively look at opportunities to scale up solutions or add additional services as needed
- Create and review Azure or other cloud application architecture design document.
- Help product owner planning/triage/validating backlog items of infrastructure and cloud related stories/tasks.
- Review and approve PrescribeIT cloud architecture upgrade and migration strategy from vendors
- Lead on DevOps on Cloud design and implementation as well as maintenance.
- Research and analyze on the operational cost management of Azure services and proactively give improvement suggestion.
- Lead or contribute to requirement development and reviews, especially non functional requirements such as performance, privacy and security, maintainability, etc.
- Contribute to development of solution test strategy
- Provides guidance to provincial technical teams, vendor teams on PrescribeIT
- Provide technical and architectural leadership and support as needed for service operations, including incident management, root cause analysis and other support needs
- Some hands-on coding, scripting, debugging or configuration of systems and solutions as required
- Degree in Computer/Software Engineering or a related area from a recognized educational institution
Qualifications & Skills
- 10 years + experience working with large scale enterprise system architecture, solution design, development and deployment principles and practices.
- Expertise with Azure Cloud infrastructures, design and management of IaaS and PaaS environments
- Expert level knowledge of Azure best practices concerning architecture and security (e.g., Security Center, Azure Active Directory, RBAC, NSGs / ASGs)
- Azure Integration Services (Logic Apps, API Management, Service Bus & Event Grid) Azure SQL Database, SQL Server, SQL Server IaaS, firewalls, Web App proxies, Bash, BGP, Chef, Puppet, OSS Technologies, PowerShell scripting, Azure Monitor and Application Insights are strong assets
- Expert level knowledge and experiences of Azure Networking services (e.g., VNETs, Load Balancers, Front Door, ExpressRoute, Traffic Manager, Content Delivery Network)
- Experiences of Azure services tuning with cost strategy is an asset.
- Experience with creating containers, and container orchestration eco-systems such as Kubernetes, Docker and Mesos
- Professional, hands-on experience managing elastic load balancers
- Interpersonal skills to manage sponsor, stakeholder, and vendor relationships
- Team skills to work within a collaborative multi-functional team
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present complex information to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills to work with multiple stakeholders, resolve conflicting priorities and ensure successful delivery of architectural goals and programs
- Analytical skills to identify gaps and deficiencies and develop technical solutions
- Certifications in Azure Cloud Architect/Developer.
Following will award a distinct advantage
- Knowledge and experience of Healthcare related standards is a strong asset (HL7 FHIR, SNOMED, IHE, etc.)
- Knowledge of Medication Management and ePrescribing standards and workflows is an strong asset (NCPDP, etc)
- More than 5 years of experience working with TOGAF or similar enterprise architecture frameworks is an asset
- Knowledge of IAM and Consent standards and workflows is an asset (OAuth2, OIDC, SAML, FIDO, DIACC.)
- Experience with web application environments, such as TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS, routing, load balancing, CDNs
- Experience with data migration is an asset
- Experience of failover and disaster recover in Cloud is a strong asset.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as a Solution Architect or Azure Cloud Architect.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway is committed to employing a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Infoway provides reasonable accommodations to employees as well as candidates taking part in the recruitment process, upon request.