Software Developer, PrescribeIT
Posting Date: June 24, 2022
Position Title: Software Developer, PrescribeIT
Report to: Solution Architect, Service Management and Operations
Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption, and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Infoway is working to deploy and further develop PrescribeIT, a single, end-to-end e-prescribing service that enables prescribers to electronically transmit a prescription to a patient’s pharmacy of choice. This service will reduce the use of paper prescriptions, enhance patient safety, improve continuity of care, optimize existing drug information system investments, and facilitate better health outcomes for Canadians.
The Software Developer will provide technical expertise in the solution design and specifications, hands-on development, deployment, and vendor technical support and operational support of PrescribeIT program, working in collaboration with provincial partners and other stakeholders, ensure successful roll out of PrescribeIT service across Canada.
- Maintain and enhance Infoway solutions and tools, such as SDK, Reference App, Portal, RxStudio and related libraries.
- Work in collaboration with jurisdictional and vendor partners, lead or support in system integration discussions, design and implementation
- Play as a key supporting role in the development of EVER projects and the evaluation of vendor responses regarding technology and solution delivery
- Work with product owners and assist in designing, programming, configuring, and integrating solutions using development best practices and applying the proper design, breakdown and modelling patterns for processing, data, and hosting infrastructure, etc.
- Mentor junior and entry level developers and provide guidance as well as doing code reviews.
- Provide DevOps support for the projects and teams as needed.
- Proactively think improvement of quality of software and work with architect to optimize the system design and architecture.
- Perform required testing throughout the development process and measure the qualities of the developed solution and following a continuous integration and deployment pipeline
- Provide technical support for the software solution once put into production and as a go to person to solve complicated problems and issues.
- Actively ensure the documentation of the designed elements exists, is valid and kept up to date.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
Qualifications & Skills
- 4+ years' experience of software development, preferably in Java or C#.
- Good understanding of OOP/OOM , design pattern and DDD (Domain Driven design) is a strong asset.
- Knowledge and practice of Agile methodology is required.
- Knowledge of JavaFX, Spring and DB schema design with SQL skills is a strong asset.
- Solid experiences of Microservices and SpringBoot is an asset
- Understanding container knowledge such as Docker is preferred.
- Cloud development experience and certification is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of healthcare standards is a strong asset (HL7 FHIR, SNOMED, IHE, etc.).
- Team skills to work within a collaborative multi-functional team.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway is committed to employing a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Infoway provides reasonable accommodations to employees as well as candidates taking part in the recruitment process, upon request.