Senior Specialist, Government Engagement
- Posting Date:
- August 12, 2021
- Position Title:
- Senior Specialist, Government Engagement
- Engagement and Marketing
- Report to:
- Senior Director, Stakeholder Engagement
We believe a more connected and collaborative system is a healthier system and that digital in health can be as transformative as digital has been in other aspects of our lives. We’re an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government. Canada Health Infoway (Infoway) works with governments, health care organizations, clinicians and patients to make health care more digital by ensuring that everyone is able to access health information and services online.
The Senior Specialist, Government Engagement has primary responsibility over federal, provincial, and territorial government relations and secondary responsibilities for patient and clinical engagement. Specifically, the Senior Specialist, Federal Engagement is responsible for executing the plan to engage, collaborate, secure input, and build consensus from a diverse stakeholder base including federal, provincial and territorial governments, clinicians, and patients to support business and governance objectives.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Stakeholder Engagement, the Senior Specialist, Federal Engagement has the following responsibilities:
- As part of the Engagement and Marketing team, working alongside colleagues, leads the implementation of an integrated government relations strategy.
- Manages relationships with key government stakeholders, identifying engagement opportunities to support the development and growth of strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers in and outside of government to promote Infoway.
- Provides support to Infoway Executive Team and staff in managing, identifying and developing key federal government and stakeholder contacts.
- Ensures communication and reporting with federal stakeholders is proactive, consistent, and comprehensive. (Director General to Deputy Minister levels).
- Works with federal, provincial, and territorial departments to track and manage opportunities for collaboration for communications, events, and announcements.
- Monitors, identifies, and tracks emerging issues and coordinate issues response related to federal, provincial, and territorial governments.
- Works closely with regional account management team, providing advice, clarity, context, and direction on government relations, as needed.
- Develops and maintains strong internal and external relationships to exchange information to inform strategic and operational decisions related to the service.
- Provides support for engagement outreach initiatives to patients and clinicians.
- Develops and maintains strong internal and external relationships to exchange information with client groups, community, and other stakeholders including patients and clinicians to inform strategic and operational decisions related to programs and services.
- Collaborates closely with the Senior Specialist, Engagement – Patients to create and implement a systematic stakeholder approach to review progress, report exceptions and set new objectives, as part of regular corporate planning exercises.
- Develops high quality and responsive information for stakeholders including background information and presentations.
- Tracks and reports on engagement efforts.
- Undergraduate Degree in related field with preference in public affairs, communications and/or stakeholder engagement.
Qualifications & Skills
- At least 5-7 years experience working in public affairs and/or stakeholder engagement role
- Experience working in a political office environment would be considered an asset
- Experience working in health sector would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of the federal and jurisdictional political processes.
- Advanced writing, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop persuasive narratives to support insights, findings, and recommendations
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify and manage emerging issues and risks in relation to service delivery and stakeholder coordination
- Knowledge and experience in the MS Office suite and client management information databases
- Experience in implementing communication, community relations and stakeholder engagement plans
- Ability to think creatively, to work under pressure and recognise and respond to sensitive issues
- Previous experience in patient and/or clinical engagement would be considered an asset
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway is committed to employing a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Infoway provides reasonable accommodations to employees as well as candidates taking part in the recruitment process, upon request.