Senior Solutions Architect, Product Development and Delivery
Posting Date: May 17, 2023
Position Title: Senior Solutions Architect, Product Development and Delivery
Department: Digital Health Interoperability
Report to: Product Portfolio Lead
Canada Health Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Infoway will also collaborate with technology industry partners and other PCHOs as required in fulfilling its mandate. Through the digital health interoperability funding allocated by Health Canada, Infoway will execute the agreed upon long term workplan to maximize investments in digital health solutions, improve interoperability, develop common national standards and help health care providers and users sustain & grow the switch to digital health for the long term. Together with our jurisdictional, clinical, patient and industry partners, the investments we make today will form the foundation of tomorrow’s health care system.
Why Join Us?
- Be part of a high-profile, ambitious, and exciting initiative that will make a real impact in driving adoption, improving patient & clinician experience, Interoperability, and standards across digital health solutions across Canada
- Work with a dynamic, close-knit team who are all passionate about what they do
- Demonstrate your strong technical leadership and facilitation skills in a fast-paced, innovative, and supportive environment
We are looking for a driven, highly experienced senior digital health IT and technology architect to lead the development and delivery of the Reference Architecture and related interoperability work products, part of the Shared pan-Canadian Interoperability Roadmap.
The Senior Solutions Architect, core part of the Digital Health Interoperability team has the primary responsibility for convening and collaborating with the market towards identification, design, definition and build of core interoperability specifications (work products defined as building blocks) that will enable an open, standards based eco-system of health information exchanges.
Working closely with internal and external business and technical stakeholders (Jurisdictions, Clinicians, Solution Providers, vendors at large) the incumbent will lead a highly matrixed multi-disciplinary technical product development team. Products will undergo a complete life cycle management and will be presented to the market using the most modern integration means that facilitate fast industry adoption.
- Following strategic direction from the Product Portfolio Leadership, the incumbent will design a modern interoperability product development and delivery business
- Using the Shared pan-Canadian Interoperability Roadmap as a guide, design and grow the elements of a Reference Architecture to support the interoperability products
- Establish and lead an interjurisdictional Architecture Review Working Group to seek agreement on Reference Architecture components and technology enablers for interoperability
- Establish a team of professionals, in a diverse array of subject matter expertise
- Actively design, engage and lead the team in stakeholder events, seeking solutions to target interoperability components
- Inform the design and implementation of technical enablers to specification packages that accelerate adoption by the market
- Proactively participate in industry events to inform, educate and engage industry in co-design of the interoperability products that will materialize the Shared pan-Canadian Interoperability Roadmap
- Act as an interoperability, technology expert and brand ambassador, drive collaboration with external stakeholders and technology partners
- Actively engage jurisdictions/solution providers through their architecture teams to identify solution needs into interoperability products
- Lead the definition and development of interoperability specifications, APIs, interfaces and other product categories supported by full life cycle management, version control, issue tracking, traceability and integration support
- Collaborate with national and international organizations (e.g., SDOs) to best represent industry trends in Canadian interoperability products
- Assist Product Owners in product definition and enablement of specification development
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple levels of clients, teams and partners
- Be a senior partner in the definition and delivery of the entire Product Portfolio and a thoughtful leader of the interoperability team
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
Qualifications & Skills
- 10 years + experience working with system architecture, solution design, development and deployment principles and practices
- 5+ years software development experience in a number of programming languages
- Working knowledge of Jurisdictional digital health delivery programs
- Knowledge and experience of healthcare data and exchange standards is a must have (HL7 FHIR, SNOMED, IHE, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of IAM and Consent standards and workflows is an asset (OAuth2, OIDC, SAML, FIDO, DIACC.)
- Cloud Architect experience must have
- Cloud Architect certification is a nice to have
- Experience of working with TOGAF or similar enterprise architecture frameworks is nice to have
- Interpersonal skills to manage sponsor, stakeholder, and vendor relationships
- Team skills to work within a collaborative multi-functional team
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present complex information to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills to work with multiple stakeholders, resolve conflicting priorities and ensure successful delivery of architectural goals and programs
- Analytical skills to identify gaps and deficiencies and develop technical solution
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway is committed to employing a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Infoway provides reasonable accommodations to employees as well as candidates taking part in the recruitment process, upon request.