Senior Program Manager - Organ Donation and Transplantation
Position Title: Senior Program Manager - Organ Donation and Transplantation
Department: Virtual Care
Report to: Program Director, Organ Donation and Transplantation
Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Infoway is working in collaboration with the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) to modernize organ donation and transplantation (ODT) data management systems across Canada. This initiative, funded by Health Canada, will deploy integrated point-of-care solutions to improve quality and efficiency, and will establish a national ODT data repository and service for advanced performance reporting.This modernization project is the key initiative behind Health Canada’s ODT Collaborative (ODTC) goal to achieve organ donation improvements that result in better patient outcomes and an increase in the number and quality of successful transplantations.
Infoway requires a dynamic, proactive, and highly organized individual to lead the operations of its Organ Donation and Transplantation (ODT) Program. With direction from the Program Director, and in collaboration with project managers/associates, the Senior Manager will ensure the successful delivery of all projects within the program. As part of the program’s leadership team, the Senior Manager will provide short and long-term planning, internal and external relationship management, project management, operational oversight, project monitoring, and risk management, all in compliance with Infoway’s internal project management methodology, quality management system, process framework and industrial best practices. The Senior Manager will ensure ongoing positive working relationships and open communication with our partners at the Canadian Institute for Health Information to ensure alignment of all project activities.
- Program Management and Planning
- Manage a portfolio of projects focused on modernization of organ donation and transplantation data management systems across Canada
- Leverage superior analytical, quantitative, and project management skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills to ensure program success
- Responsible for the maintenance of a dynamic integrated program roadmap/work plan
- In collaboration with the Program Director and internal/external stakeholders, contribute to the definition of ongoing strategic direction and plans to achieve program objectives
- Project Delivery
- Ensure effective application of standardized project management tools, including project charter, project plan, risk/issue management and mitigation activities, resource planning, budget controls, work assignments, etc., across all ODT projects and in alignment with Infoway standards
- Provide project management leadership to large jurisdictional initiatives
- Provide guidance and support to ODT project managers
- Program/Project status reporting – internal and external
- Collaborate with cross-functional Infoway teams and project partners at the Canadian Institute for Health Information, as required, to ensure exceptional quality of project deliverables and milestones
- Communications and Relationship Management
- Develop concise and compelling presentation materials for engagements with external stakeholders
- Foster positive relationships with various and multiple internal and external stakeholders, e.g. advisory committees, business, clinical, IT, account management
- Ensure clarity and efficiency of frequent written communication and documentation with internal and external stakeholders, e.g. meeting summaries/action items
- Undergraduate Degree in health informatics, business or technology or related discipline
- Project Management training or equivalent; PMP certification is an asset
Qualifications & Skills
- 10 years' experience managing complex projects and/or program management in a health care environment, ideally including digital solution implementation or other information technology project delivery management and oversight (functional & technical)
- Proven skills to drive project results in a high-change, high-complexity, fast-evolving, multi-stakeholder environment while maintaining long-term relationships with all related groups
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to champion organization within a team
- Strong analytical skills; ability to independently assess, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations for senior management and other stakeholders
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex information in a concise manner to diverse audiences
- Business planning/modelling expertise
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Ability to foster relationships and collaborate with multiple business streams
- Excellent teamwork skills, including demonstrated ability to build consensus and align team members with varying accountabilities and dependencies across multiple stakeholders to a common direction
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a multi-stakeholder environment, including group facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and other project management tools
- Experience in the Organ Donation and Transplantation environment is an asset
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway is committed to employing a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Infoway provides reasonable accommodations to employees as well as candidates taking part in the recruitment process, upon request.