Senior Manager – Solution Delivery and Conformance
Posting Date: July 21, 2022
Position Title: Senior Manager – Solution Delivery and Conformance
Department: Virtual Care
Report to: Senior Director, Solution Management and Advisory Services
Canada Health Infoway is growing to support delivery and deployment of new models of care in healthcare. Aligning with the movement towards conformity-tested healthcare solutions, we are looking for a highly experienced and motivated delivery and conformance manager with excellent understanding and hands on experience in discovery, design, implementation and integration of standards-based applications in the digital health sector.
The focus of this role is in successful engagement with partner organizations to explore, lead the design and management of integrations into frameworks providing efficient, robust, scalable, and secure solutions that implement standards based business requirements.
The Senior Manager - Solution Delivery and Conformance will have hands on responsibility for the lead of technical engagements, design of Health IT Standards based conformance testing events and their representation in an IHE Gazelle based connectivity platform, design and maintenance of a health-system based Reference Architecture.
Additionally, leading the setup and execution of technical connectivity events and onboarding of a vast array of stakeholders onto that platform. This includes presentations, planning, development, configuration and maintenance of sandbox environments and related infrastructure needed to onboard technology partners. Creation of all plans for ensuring functionality, data consistency, security and usability of systems are aligned with Specifications and corporate priorities.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Sr. Director, Solutions Management and Advisory Services, part of the Interoperability team and working closely with our Business, Standards, and Solutions Development teams to ensure the successful growth and deployment of our virtual care specifications.
The ideal candidate has strong software development, architecture, product development and communication skills, extensive experience in Health IT Standards (e.g., HL7, IHE, SNOMED, LOINC, etc.) an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and vision to recognize opportunity that will help our customers become more successful and efficient. This job requires that you are intimately familiar with the concepts represented in an IHE profile, the IHE Connectathon, comfortable with technical testing events.
- Stakeholder engagement, leading discovery sessions, requirements definition, evaluations, technical designs for specification development
- Leveraging industry best practices, define and manage integration options reflected in a Reference Architecture
- Working within a cross-functional team to participate in the design, development, test, and implementation of sandbox deployments that operate as reference implementations
- Integrate, test and validate technical solutions, simulators and validators and verify that they meet operational requirements
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures
- Respond to and resolve change requests from creation to resolution
- Setup and lead technical connectivity events as part of the Virtual Care team
- Degree in Computer/Software Engineering or a related area from a recognized institution
Qualifications & Skills
- Must have intimate, working knowledge of applicable Health IT standards
- Experience with identity management systems and standards governing them (OAuth, OIDC)
- Experience with security protocols and best practices for application security
- Hands on experience with system integrations, documentation and sandbox environments and implementation guides
- Excellent analytical skills to analyze, diagnose, estimate and solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and attitude to thrive in a high-production, customer focused environment
- Strong team player, ability to multitask and keen attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as a Sr. Software Engineer or Architect
- Minimum 10 years experience building Health IT Standards based software solutions
- Minimum 3 years management experience in a customer facing role
- Experience with Connectathon events, particularly on the IHE Gazelle platform is a definite asset
- Bilingual (French and English) and asset
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway is committed to employing a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Infoway provides reasonable accommodations to employees as well as candidates taking part in the recruitment process, upon request.