Senior Business Analyst, Clinical
Posting Date: May 10, 2023
Position Title: Senior Business Analyst, Clinical
Department: Digital Health Interoperability
Canada Health Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Infoway will also collaborate with technology industry partners and other PCHOs as required in fulfilling its mandate. Through the digital health interoperability funding allocated by Health Canada, Infoway will execute the agreed upon long term workplan to maximize investments in digital health solutions, improve interoperability, develop common national standards and help health care providers and users sustain & grow the switch to digital health for the long term. Together with our jurisdictional, clinical, patient and industry partners, the investments we make today will form the foundation of tomorrow’s health care system.
Why Join Us?
- Be part of a high-profile, ambitious, and exciting initiative that will make a real impact in driving adoption, improving patient & clinician experience, Interoperability, and standards across digital health solutions across Canada
- Work with a dynamic, close-knit team who are all passionate about what they do
- Demonstrate your strong Business Analyst skills in a fast-paced, innovative, and supportive environment
We are looking for a driven, highly organized, team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves and take on any challenges that come their way. The Digital Health Interoperability Senior Business Analyst has the primary responsibility to work with stakeholders (Jurisdictions, Clinicians, Solution Providers) to understand, elicit and document business requirements and communicate them clearly to the product development team, Program, stakeholders, project team, and vendors and partners. The Senior Business Analyst is a key facilitator within the project, translating system and business requirements, explaining technical concepts to non-technical users and acting as a bridge between the functional areas and the technical team.
- Drive discussions with external stakeholders, product solution managers and/or technology partners to understand the process, the problem, and then brainstorm solution scenarios
- Actively engage jurisdictions/solution providers and their subject matter experts (SMEs) to translate solution needs into actionable user stories and requirements
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations throughout the requirement gathering phases
- Develop and manage the iterative detailed business requirements and manage associated processes for assigned digital health interoperability, and the Organ Donation and Transplantation (ODT) program as needed, including:
- Use Case Scenarios
- System use cases and/or workflow diagrams
- Detailed requirements documentation
- Define detailed functional requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases, including gap analysis, impact analysis and cost/benefit analysis
- Review requirements/documentation with applicable internal and/or external stakeholders, as required
- Develop and manage a Business Requirements Traceability Matrix in collaboration with technology team
- Assist Product Owners in backlog refinement, prioritization and identify task dependencies to development teams
- Assist with the product release management process
- Assist with organizational process development
- Collaborate with and support the Project Manager in developing and maintenance of the project schedule, progress reporting and issue escalations
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple levels of clients, teams and partners
- Write test cases for user stories to ensure quality outcome of the product conformance
- Undergraduate Degree or Diploma in Health, Health Informatics, Computer Science, Information Management or Business Administration or the equivalent Skills Required
Qualifications & Skills
- A minimum of 8 years of business analysis or product management experience
- Experience gathering and consolidating requirements from cross-functional groups, including writing detailed business requirements (functional and non-functional), user acceptance testing and quality assurance testing
- 5+ years of experience working on digital health / interoperability initiative(s)
- Capability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with a positive attitude to thrive in a high-production customer focused environment
- Experience with various Modelling techniques and methods
- Ability to work under pressure and meet constantly changing timelines
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in terms of speaking, explaining and articulating requirements and other information to external stakeholders
- Exceptional process and organizational skills with the ability to mobilize change
- Experience working in an organization that utilizes agile, scrum or extreme programming is an asset
- Experience working with vendor partners (e.g., EMR, HIS, etc.) is an asset
- UI/Wireframe design experience
- Working knowledge in JIRA usage, administration, workflow design will be an asset
- Working knowledge in Confluence usage and administration will be an asset
- Working knowledge of FHIR Specifications will be an asset
- Bilingual Skills (French and English) are an asset
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway is committed to employing a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Infoway provides reasonable accommodations to employees as well as candidates taking part in the recruitment process, upon request.