Senior Business Analyst
Posting Date: August 10, 2022
Position Title: Senior Business Analyst
Department: PrescribeIT® Network Delivery
Report to: Product Delivery Manager
Canada Health Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Infoway is working with a vendor to further develop PrescribeIT®, a single, end-to-end e-prescribing service that enables prescribers to electronically transmit a prescription to a patient’s pharmacy of choice. The service will reduce the use of paper prescriptions, enhance patient safety, improve continuity of care, optimize existing drug information system investments, and facilitate better health outcomes for Canadians.
We are looking for a driven, highly organized, team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves and take on any challenges that come their way. The PrescribeIT® Senior Business Analyst has the primary responsibility to work with internal business units and external stakeholders (Solution Providers, Clinical Subject Matter Experts, etc) to elicit, analyze and document business analysis artifacts, so that they can be clearly communicated for the delivery of appropriate solutions to achieve visions of the business.
The Senior Business Analyst is a key facilitator within projects and workstreams, translating and managing system and business requirements (user stories), explaining technical concepts to non-technical users and acting as a bridge between the functional areas and the technical team. The Senior Business Analyst will play an important role in analyzing existing processes and workflows so that areas of improvements can be identified where applicable. Key success factor in this role will include the proactive application of business analysis practices in a dynamic and challenging environment to deliver quality deliverables in an agile manner.
Why Join Us?
- We are driven to advance the e-prescribing experience for patients and clinicians in Canada. Join us to challenge your work and your career and be part of the national e-prescribing solution, serving 560+ communities, 6.5M Canadians and counting!
- Work with a dynamic, close-knit team who are all passionate about what they do
- Demonstrate your strong Business Analyst skills in a fast-paced, innovative and supportive environment
- Elicit requirements, business objectives and priorities from stakeholders, product owners, technology partners using effective business analysis techniques
- Document and analyze business and functional requirements, lead/facilitate JAD sessions and support the preparation of required architecture documentation
- Define detailed functional requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases; including gap analysis, impact analysis and cost/benefit analysis
- Develop and manage the iterative detailed business requirements and associated artifacts for assigned workstreams and projects including user stories, use cases, system use cases and/or workflow diagrams as needed
- Engage technology subject matter experts (SMEs) and partners to translate solution needs into actionable requirements
- Assist Product Owners with user stories, including development of acceptance criteria and definition of done
- Assist Product Owners in backlog refinement, prioritization and identify task dependencies to development teams
- Working with Product Owners, Project/Program leaders, ensure alignment of iterative deliverables to organization’s strategic goals and priorities
- Collaborate with and support the Project Manager in developing and maintenance of the project schedule, progress reporting and issue escalations
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple levels of internal clients and vendor partners
- Working with QA teams, develop test cases, test scripts, test scenarios to ensure quality outcome of product conformance
- Develop and maintain vendor specification documents for a rapidly changing high impact national solution
- Effectively manage stakeholders’ expectations throughout the project/product lifecycle
- Undergraduate Degree or Diploma in Health, Health Informatics, Computer Science, Information Management or Business Administration or the equivalent
Qualifications & Skills
- A minimum of 8 years of business analysis or product management experience
- 5+ years of experience working in health IT, EMR, PMS and/or interoperability initiative(s)
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum) and the proven ability to apply them effectively
- Credentials of Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is an asset
- Credentials of Business Analysis is an asset (i.e. CBAP)
- Experience gathering and consolidating requirements from cross-functional groups, including writing detailed business requirements (functional and non-functional), user acceptance testing and quality assurance testing
- Ability to work under pressure and meet constantly changing timelines
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Exceptional process and organizational skills with the ability to mobilize change
- Experience working on large systems development and implementation projects, with experience in all phases of system development life cycle
- Knowledge and experience building documentation towards production readiness such as support models, SLAs, SLOs, and checklists
- Experience with agile centric approaches, including Scrum, SAFe
- Working knowledge in JIRA usage, administration, workflow design
- Working knowledge in Confluence usage and administration
- Working knowledge of FHIR Specifications will be an asset
- UI/Wireframe design experience
- Bilingual Skills (French and English) are an asset
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway is committed to employing a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Infoway provides reasonable accommodations to employees as well as candidates taking part in the recruitment process, upon request.