Pharmacy Relations and Deployment Specialist, PrescribeIT
- Posting Date:
- August 12, 2021
- Position Title:
- Pharmacy Relations and Deployment Specialist, PrescribeIT
- Report to:
- Director, Pharmacy Relations and Deployment
Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Canada Health Infoway is working to develop PrescribeIT, a single, end-to-end e-prescribing service that enables prescribers to electronically transmit a prescription to a patient’s pharmacy of choice. This service will reduce the use of paper prescriptions, enhance patient safety, improve continuity of care, optimize existing drug information system investments, and facilitate better health outcomes for Canadians.
The Pharmacy Relations and Deployment will work with independent community pharmacy stakeholders to provide and execute short and long-term planning, strategic execution, subject matter expertise, project management, operational oversight and execution, negotiation, monitoring, and risk management to ensure success throughout all phases of the deployment project.
Responsible for driving enrollment, deployment and utilization of PrescribeIT with pharmacies and associated prescribers. This includes many components of the customer journey, including the execution of a problem focused, prescriber centric engagement strategy, overcoming objections, contracting and deployment of PrescribeIT. This cycle will be repeated at an individual community pharmacy practice level with the candidate becoming a key contributor to the department’s annual targets.
The Pharmacy Relations and Deployment Specialist will:
- Engage independent pharmacies as part of the PrescribeIT deployment plan to meet internal adoption targets.
- Exceed independent community pharmacy client expectations by anticipating needs and working closely with their internal resources e.g. Prescriber deployment team to ensure successful deployments and execution.
- Cleary communicate how PrescribeIT can help pharmacies meet their workflow and business needs, improving patient outcomes by eliminating paper and faxed based prescriptions
- Accountable for working with the external stakeholders – Telus Health, PMS vendors, eHSS, pharmacy associations, and community pharmacies.
- Project management (planning, execution, problem resolution, etc.) for all the tasks related to stakeholders for successful deployment of PrescribeIT.
- Preparing, reviewing, and executing program related documentation both internally and externally (e.g. Agreements, P&S training, community pharmacy training, rx workflow analysis)
- Verbal/written Communications (meetings, focus groups, bulletins)
- Use Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM) to track progress and performance
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Healthcare or IT related fields
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of community pharmacy retail experience (Operations, IT/IS solution delivery, Rx Workflow) or industry that services this market as an IT health care vendor
- 1-5 years of sales experience (in a health care related field is preferred)
- Ability to execute hands-on at the local level
- Ability to manage multiple project deliverables/tasks
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex, or ambiguous.
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills
- Strong ability to negotiate with and influence others
- High level of initiative and self-direction
- Strong Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Registered Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Assistant experience
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway is committed to employing a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Infoway provides reasonable accommodations to employees as well as candidates taking part in the recruitment process, upon request.