Senior Manager, Partner Management
Posting Date: May 19, 2022
Position Title: Senior Manager, Partner Management
Department: Product Excellence, PrescribeIT
Report to: Director, Product Excellence
Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Canada Health Infoway is working to develop PrescribeIT, a single, end-to-end e-prescribing service that enables prescribers to electronically transmit a prescription to a patient’s pharmacy of choice. This service will reduce the use of paper prescriptions, enhance patient safety, improve continuity of care, optimize existing drug information system investments, and facilitate better health outcomes for Canadians.
The Engagement Manager will work with pharmacy partners (chains/banners) and provide and execute short and long-term planning, strategic alignment, leadership, subject matter expertise, project management, operational oversight, negotiation, monitoring, and risk management to ensure success throughout all phases of the deployment project.
This position will liaise with multiple stakeholders, such OPQ, AQPP, CMQ, Telus Health, PMS vendors, Infoway support teams, external consultants, Infoway internal support teams (e.g., IT, P&S), and community pharmacy internal departments (e.g. Operations, Legal).
The responsibilities of the Engagement Manager include:
- Exceed pharmacy client expectations by anticipating needs and working closely with their internal resources e.g. Prescriber and deployment team to ensure successful deployments and adoption
- Accountable for delivery of end to end (Plan, Launch, Integrate & Rollout) jurisdictional PrescribeIT plan in Quebec and other assigned jurisdictions for pharmacy partners
- Accountable for site selection and deployment during launch & rollout phase
- Project status reporting – internal as well as external
- Responsible for working with cross-functional teams and solution vendors for the quality delivery of development, QA and deployment milestones
- Responsible for working with various PrescribeIT leads – Change management, Deployment, training, QA, Service management to build a detailed end to end project plan for the deployment project
- Responsible for working with Infoway’s compliance and Operations team to prepare content related to PrescribeIT solution and present recommendations for decisions
- Accountable for working with the Regional Project Manager(s), PrescribeIT (who deal directly with jurisdictional DIS and integration issues) on the execution of the jurisdictional SOW for PrescribeIT integration work
- Risk monitoring and mitigation plan/approach
- Accountable for managing all jurisdictional deployment resources and their work/deliverables on PrescribeIT
- Creating standard, repeatable business processes to engage & service external stakeholders, as identified by the program delivery team
- Exceeding client expectations by anticipating needs and working to resolve potential issues
- Accountable for working with PrescribeIT Regulatory SME and the external stakeholders - Privacy commissioner, and relevant regulators and associations to obtain approvals on various agreements, approach and other regulations
- Communications (meetings, focus groups, bulletins)
- Contract management (negotiation, Participation Agreements, EULA, P&S agreements etc.)
- Preparing and reviewing program related documentation for both internal and external communication
- Establishing regular, ongoing meeting cadence with external stakeholders in each assigned province for successful delivery
- Managing Risk – Risk monitoring and mitigation plan/approach
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy (preferred)
- Business, Healthcare or IT related fields
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of community pharmacy experience (Operations, IT/IS solution delivery, Rx Workflow) or industry that services this market as an IT health care vendor
- 1-5 years of sales experience (in a health care related field is preferred)
- Project Management experience with implementation of large business transformation programs involving pharmacies, EMRs and electronic prescriptions in the health care sector
- Experience in I.T./I.S. development and integration
- Experience working on eHealth system integration projects with the provinces in general, and Quebec specifically
- Experience in product acceptance, conformance testing
- Experience working and negotiating with third party vendors
- Experience designing and implementing retail pharmacy management systems is an asset
- Experience and strong understanding of eprescribing solutions is an asset
- Ability to oversee multiple project resources from different departments or organizations along with experience coordinating resources across health system organizations
- Analytical skills to identify gaps, deficiencies and develop technical solutions
- Strong knowledge of provincial eHealth and drug information systems
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders and resolve conflicts and issues demonstrating strong negotiation, communication, and facilitation skills
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex, or ambiguous
- Ability to interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions
- Strong business analysis skills, with the ability to research and assemble relevant information for retail pharmacies and EMR solutions
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills
- Strong Bilingual (French and English) written and verbal communications coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence others
- High level of initiative and self-direction
- Previous experience of product or service management, an asset
- Understanding of Canada Health Infoway mandate and PrescribeIT initiative
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway is committed to employing a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Infoway provides reasonable accommodations to employees as well as candidates taking part in the recruitment process, upon request.