Program Lead, Hospital System Integration
- Posting Date:
- June 18, 2021
- Position Title:
- Program Lead, Hospital System Integration
- Report to:
- Senior Director, Program Management, PrescribeIT
Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption, and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Canada Health Infoway is working with Health Canada, the provinces and territories, and industry stakeholders to operate and maintain PrescribeIT®, a national service that enables prescribers to electronically transmit a prescription to a patient’s pharmacy of choice. This service is already reducing the use of paper prescriptions, enhancing patient safety, improving continuity of care, and facilitating better health outcomes for Canadians.
Since its launch in 2017, PrescribeIT® has secured agreements with 13 provinces and territories and is up and running in select communities in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland and Labrador. Plans call for roll-out to additional provinces across the country in the coming months.
PrescribeIT® works with 45 community pharmacy companies, with local, regional, and national reach, representing more than 4,500 pharmacies. Over 6,000 prescribers, representing more than nine million patients are enrolled in the service.
The Hospital Systems Program Lead will provide short and long-term planning, strategic alignment, leadership, subject matter expertise, project management, operational oversight, negotiation, monitoring, and risk management to ensure success throughout all phases of projects related to engaging, integrating, and implementing and deploying HIS solutions with PrescribeIT®.
The responsibilities of the Program Lead include:
- Accountable for delivery of end to end (Plan, Launch, Integrate & Rollout) in Hospital settings and PrescribeIT®
- Responsible for working with Hospital stakeholders, PrescribeIT® internal teams, and solution vendors for the quality delivery of development, QA, enrolment, change management, and implementation processes
- Responsible for working with various PrescribeIT® leads – Product Management, Vendor Management, Service Delivery, Service Management and Operations, and Deployment Planning team to build a detailed end-to-end project plan for the release
- Responsible for coordinating working groups (clinical, technical, change management) to ensure successful delivery
- Work closely with Hospital and HIS vendors to anticipate risks and working to resolve potential issues
- Accountable for working with PrescribeIT® Regulatory and Privacy leads to obtain approvals on various agreements, approach, and other regulations which may include privacy commissioners, and relevant regulators and associations
- Communications (meetings, focus groups, bulletins)
- Project status reporting – internal as well as external
- Preparing and reviewing program related documentation for both internal and external communication
- Establishing regular, ongoing meeting cadence with program stakeholders
- Manage Risk – Risk monitoring and mitigation plan/approach
- Undergraduate Degree in a related field. MBA, or other related graduate level education, preferred.
Qualifications & Skills
- Project leadership experience of a minimum of 10 years in the implementation of large business transformation programs involving Hospital Information System and external & internal systems integration in the health care sector
- Knowledgeable and experienced working in Hospital settings and engaging with stakeholders to anticipate and address business and workflow challenges, issues, and risks associated with enabling e-prescribing
- Experience in I.T./I.S. development and integration
- Experience working on eHealth system integration projects with the HIS solutions like Epic, Cerner, Meditech, and or other hospital care systems.
- Experience in product acceptance, conformance testing
- Experience working and negotiating with third party vendors
- Experience and a strong understanding of e-prescribing solutions is an asset
- Ability to oversee multiple project resources from different departments or organizations along with experience coordinating resources across health system organizations
- Analytical skills to identify gaps, deficiencies and develop technical solutions
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders and resolve conflicts and issues demonstrating strong negotiation, communication, and facilitation skills
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex, or ambiguous
- Ability to interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions
- Strong business analysis skills, with the ability to research and assemble relevant information related to HIS integration projects.
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills
- Strong written and verbal communications coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence others
- High level of initiative and self-direction
- Strong knowledge of the health care systems (e.g. HIS solutions, registries, authentication services, etc.)
- Previous experience of product or service management, an asset
- Understanding of Canada Health Infoway mandate and PrescribeIT® initiative
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway is committed to employing a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Infoway provides reasonable accommodations to employees as well as candidates taking part in the recruitment process, upon request.