Posting Date: February 9, 2021
Position Title: Change Management Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Department: Engagement and Marketing
Report to: Senior Director, Stakeholder Engagement
Canada Health Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Infoway also collaborates with technology industry partners and other Pan-Canadian Health Organizations (PCHOs) as required in fulfilling its mandate. Through the virtual care funding allocated by Health Canada, Infoway will execute the agreed upon workplan to maximize investments in virtual care solutions, improve interoperability, develop common national standards and help health care providers and users sustain & grow virtual care for the long term. Together with our jurisdictional, clinical, patient and industry partners, the investments we make today will form the foundation of tomorrow’s health care system.
The pandemic has proven that virtual care is a “must-have.”
With the right focus, it will continue to play a significant role in improving care delivery in Canada and addressing health system challenges. As part of this effort, the Change Management SME position is required to strategically support and influence the execution of the identified projects within Infoway’s virtual care change program (i.e. clinician change management project and patient digital literacy project), ensuring best change management principles and practices are developed and effectively incorporated.
Working with the Business Leads and other project team members, the Change Management SME will support engagement with other PCHOs, patient advisory groups, clinicians / clinician associations and jurisdictions to lead and support the development and implementation of tools that will improve the virtual care experience for clinicians and improve the digital health literacy of patients, families and caregivers.
Supporting the delivery of an integrated approach to change management, clinical engagement and adoption, and continuous quality improvement through the Change Program, its projects and activities:
- Work closely with the Clinician Change and Patient Digital Literacy Business Leads as well as other project team members and participating external stakeholders to execute on Change Program and project objectives.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support across these two projects with a major emphasis on clinician change aspects, including the development of a set of materials and tools that support the health workforce (i.e. multi-disciplinary healthcare providers, administrators, staff) to effectively adopt and use virtual care solutions; and to support patients, families and caregivers in the management of personal health information and use of digital health solutions, including virtual care.
- Manage and coordinate activities as detailed within project plans and working with other internal and external stakeholders, ensuring stakeholder needs are met, such as through execution of an environmental scan and needs consultation; completion of a gap assessment; adaption/development of tools; and execution of a trial and evaluation process.
- Lead select aspects of project plan and working groups as required, providing subject matter expertise in the development of Change Management and Knowledge Management components of the project.
- Provide advice and subject matter expertise to participating stakeholders on change strategies and plans and provide feedback on major deliverables based on experience from other implementations.
- To the extent project timelines permit, assess and monitor the effectiveness of change management activities and deliverables as aligned with project plans; track specified performance targets; identify problems and promote solutions.
- Ensure development of effective approaches to knowledge management including capturing learning and sharing knowledge.
- Evaluate opportunities to share learning across participating stakeholders and oversee the identification and delivery of content for toolkits and other knowledge sharing vehicles.
- Monitor progress against objectives, identifying risks and opportunities and developing action plans around these in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
Education and Experience
- Relevant Bachelors or Master’s degree in Health Administration, Health Information Sciences, Business or equivalent
- Recognized change management or related certification
- Regulated Health Professional Designation an asset
- 10+ years strategic planning and change management experience, with at least 4 years being healthcare related
- Experience leading and managing clinician change initiatives (or within healthcare delivery / clinical environments considering broader health workforce), including experience within adoption and use of digital health solutions and associated processes
- Experience with project work, digital health solution implementation, evaluation and optimization
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of key issues in Canada’s healthcare system.
- Strong change management skills with confidence in ability to provide leadership and support to advance clinical adoption of virtual care solutions through effective change strategies, activities and tools.
- Excellent assessment, analysis and synthesis skills as well as the ability to customize interventions to a variety of environments.
- Superior relationship skills with the capacity to influence, as well as negotiation and problem-solving skills to resolve conflicting priorities.
- Excellent facilitation and coordination skills to work with and manage diverse stakeholders to gain consensus and make progress against common objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to promote leading practices (i.e. through presentations and facilitation). Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset.
- Results oriented and self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously. Highly efficient and effective organization skills.
- Knowledge of data and information management systems, particularly as related to virtual care solutions (i.e. video visits, telehealth / telehomecare, secure messaging).
- If travel restrictions do not apply, ability to travel up to 10 - 15% of time
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume and a cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.