Posting Date: October 27, 2020
Position Title: Director, Privacy
Department: Business Services
Report to: Vice President, Information Governance, Risk and Compliance & Chief Privacy Officer
Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
The Director, Privacy works within the Governance, Risk and Compliance team to address corporate needs, enable compliance and efficient adoption of Infoway solutions such as PrescribeITTMPrescribeIT®, and to provide national digital health leadership in the privacy domain.
- Provides expert level advice and consultation to all levels of internal and external stakeholders on corporate and project related privacy and security issues
- Leads the development of reports or products to assist the development of Infoway projects and the Privacy Forum
- Monitors and provides advice on developments and best practices in domestic and international privacy legislation and practices related to digital health
- Contributes to and participates in the Privacy Office’s pan-Canadian Privacy Forum and Health Information Privacy Group meetings as well as corporate projects
- Provides privacy and security expertise to Infoway funded programs and projects to appropriately manage corporate risk and enable compliance
- Manages Infoway’s operational privacy program including the development and implementation of policies and procedures, including key measures and metrics to demonstrate program effectiveness
- Provides tools and reporting to increase the understanding of privacy considerations by internal and external stakeholders
- Provide expertise, guidance and negotiated issue resolution pertaining to the performance areas of TRAs, PIAs, privacy and security architectures and related risk management on Infoway work.
- Provide expertise on complex or escalated project phase deliverable sign-offs and funding/next phase gates with respect to the privacy and security solution architecture
- Enables adoption of Infoway’s digital health services
- Enables compliance with legislative and other requirements to facilitate timely adoption of Infoway’s digital health services (e.g. PrescribeITTMPrescribeIT®) through PIAs and other deliverables
- Liaises and partners with jurisdictional and other stakeholders to ensure support for deployment of Infoway’s services, including leading or supporting formal and informal consultations with government and regulatory bodies
- Supports Infoway’s business and legal teams in the deployment of agreements and other collateral required to enroll in Infoway services
- Convenes partners to support the development of pan-Canadian approaches on privacy related matters.
- Oversees the development of common requirements in support of digital health programs, technology and infrastructure.
- Oversees the development of common privacy related tools and products to support digital health initiatives.
- Provides expert level advice and consultation to all levels of stakeholders on common privacy approaches.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Social Science, Law, Business, Healthcare or Health Administration, or a related field
- Professional certification form a recognized privacy/security professional association (e.g. CIPP/C, CISA, CISSP)
- Knowledge of and experience with Canadian federal, provincial and territorial data protection and privacy laws and regulations as well as in health information management practices in Canada
- Knowledge of and experience with information technology security standards and best practices
- Experience implementing digital health solutions in Canada
- Experience leading an operational privacy program in an information technology environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time
- Bilingual skills (French and English) are an asset
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume and a cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.