Posting Date: December 12, 2018
Position Title: Director, Product Management
Report to: Executive Director, PrescribeITTM
Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Canada Health Infoway is working to develop PrescribeITTM, a single, end-to-end e-prescribing service that enables prescribers to electronically transmit a prescription to a patient’s pharmacy of choice. This service will reduce the use of paper prescriptions, enhance patient safety, improve continuity of care, optimize existing drug information system investments, and facilitate better health outcomes for Canadians.
As the Director, Product Management, you will provide short and long-term planning, strategic alignment, leadership, subject matter expertise, project management, operational oversight, negotiation, monitoring, and risk management to ensure success throughout all phases the project.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ownership of the PrescribeITTM Roadmap
- Ensure a Quality End-to-End Product for the Features Delivered with accountability for PrescribeITTM Product Delivery (Functional Scope) including:
- Development of Functional Requirements
- Development of FHIR messaging standards
- Development of terminology standards
- PrescribeITTM development support
- User Acceptance Testing and Sign-off
- Accountability for Jurisdictional Connections to PrescribeITTM (Functional Scope), including:
- Development of Integration Requirements
- Jurisdictional development support
- Conformance Testing with Jurisdictions
- Accountability for POS Vendor Connections to PrescribeITTM, including:
- Development of Vendor Specifications
- Vendor development support
- Conformance Testing and Sign-off
- Manage the Vendor Management and Product Management SMEs within the team and ensure features delivered to prescribers and pharmacies have no patient safety issues and no major issues impacting prescriber or pharmacist workflow
- Work closely with technical team and P&S team to ensure that requirements and testing align
- SME Support for other PrescribeITTM teams (e.g. Change Management, Benefits Evaluation, Jurisdictional Business Cases, Privacy and Security (PIA work), Standards and Regulatory Discussions, Communications and Marketing)
- Maintain fit-for-purpose team to identify, maintain, execute communications channels (e.g., website, translations conferences, sponsorship, InfoCentral, social/digital channels) and tools to ensure consistent and brand quality
- Undergraduate Degree in related field. MBA preferred.
- Product and Management experience of a minimum of 10 years in the implementation of large business transformation programs involving pharmacies, EMRs and electronic prescriptions in the health care sector with full understanding of the product management lifecycle
- Experience and strong understanding of e-prescribing solutions and pharmacy workflow
- Experience in I.T./I.S. development and integration and project management
- Experience in product acceptance, conformance testing
- Experience working and negotiating with third party vendors
- Experience designing or implementing electronic medical records (EMRs) or pharmacy management systems
- Ability to oversee multiple project resources from different departments or organizations along with experience coordinating resources across health system organizations
- Analytical skills to identify gaps, deficiencies and develop technical solutions
- Strong knowledge of provincial eHealth and drug information systems
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders and resolve conflicts and issues demonstrating strong negotiation, communication, and facilitation skills
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex, or ambiguous
- Ability to interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions
- Strong business analysis skills, with the ability to research and assemble relevant information for retail pharmacies and EMR solutions
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills
- Strong written and verbal communications coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence others
- High level of initiative and self-direction
- Strong knowledge of the health care systems (e.g. PIN, registries, authentication services, etc.)
- Previous experience of product or service management, an asset
- Understanding of Canada Health Infoway mandate and PrescribeITTM initiative
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume and a cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.