Posting Date: October 22, 2018
Position Title: Product Manager, ACCESS Ecosystem
Department: ACCESS Health
Report to: Group Director
Canada Health Infoway is working with Health Canada, the provinces and territories, and industry stakeholders to further enhance patient access to care, engagement and experience through enabling technologies.
A new program named, ACCESS Health featuring ACCESS Gateway, will focus on creating and delivering real value to patients, caregivers, providers and the ecosystem of health innovators that create solutions and services to meet the needs of Canadians. Through this program, Canadians will experience greater control and convenience in their interactions with the health system which will lead to improved patient self-management and health outcomes.
The Product Manager, ACCESS Ecosystem leads the product management function ensuring the delivery of products and services that will be highly successful in the marketplace. The role requires visioning, strategic thinking, business acumen, entrepreneurial perspective and passion to drive innovative ideas from concept to highly valued products and services.
The Product Manager will occupy a middle ground between business stakeholders and technical product teams. The Product Manager is a key contributor to the ACCESS Digital Health Ecosystem’s near and long-term goals. The incumbent will work closely with senior leaders and multi-disciplinary team members to create and contribute to a culture of innovation, inclusiveness and success.
- Lead the visualization and business conceptual design of Infoway owned/operated managed services, and integration of commercially available digital health e-Services into the Gateway
- In collaboration with the ACCESS business and technical teams, contribute to the near and long-term vision, strategy, roadmap for ACCESS Gateway’s core services including features and specifications
- Define the requirements and specifications for the ACCESS Gateway services’ interfaces to vendor e-Services, and to jurisdictional data repositories
- Create go-to-market plans and manage releases of Gateway functionality associated with the roadmap
- Provide leadership and insights to the ACCESS brand strategy and the brand’s value proposition; translate product features and functions into key benefits and outcomes for Canadians
- Develop market, competitive and situational analysis for targeted products and services
- Support execution of regional plans (e.g., develop materials, content, events, etc.) all within Infoway brand standards
- Drive ACCESS agenda/content at Infoway and industry conferences; develop Ecosystem/Gateway presentations
- Liaise with corporate communications to optimize use of resources and align messages to engage key stakeholder audiences
- Undergraduate degree Computer Science, Software / Systems Engineer, Health Informatics, Business, or a related field
- Masters in Business Administration is an asset
- 5+ years experience in Product Management, must be with focus on services delivery (e.g., PaaS, IaaS, SaaS)
- 5+ years’ experience in health care Information Technology solutions
- Product management concepts, methodologies and tools
- Understanding of the health care environment in both the public and private sectors, including funding processes, technology, and care delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
- Bilingual Skills (French and English) are an asset
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume and a cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.