Position Title: Director, Stakeholder Engagement
Report to: Group Director, Marketing Strategy and Stakeholder Relations
Canada Health Infoway is working with Health Canada, the provinces and territories, and industry stakeholders to create, operate and maintain a financially self-sustaining, multi-jurisdiction e-prescribing service, known as PrescribeIT™. This will be a single service that can be scaled for use across the country, enabling prescribers to electronically transmit a prescription to a patient’s pharmacy of choice.
The service will provide safer and more effective medication management by connecting community-based prescribers (such as physicians and nurse practitioners), either through their existing electronic medical records (EMR) systems or standalone applications, to community retail pharmacies’ pharmacy management systems (PMS) to enable the electronic transmission of prescriptions.
As a neutral, not for profit third party with significant relationships with key stakeholders and award winning project management expertise, Infoway is well positioned to deliver on Canada’s need for a comprehensive e-prescribing system that includes and serves the interest of all Canadians, prescribers, pharmacists and pharmacies, and that doesn’t sacrifice privacy and security for commercial self-interest.
The Director, Stakeholder Engagement will be responsible for developing and executing the plan to engage, collaborate, secure input and build consensus from PrescribeIT’s diverse stakeholder base to support its business and governance objectives.
Reporting to the Group Director, Marketing Strategy and Stakeholder Relations, and in collaboration with PrescribeIT’s Regulatory Engagement Lead, the Director, Stakeholder Engagement will be responsible for:
- Developing the plan that outlines the approach, detailed activities and resources needed to launch and manage five working groups, several task forces and overall public consultation efforts, based on the approved approach
- Executing the plan, in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and PrescribeIT™ team leads where appropriate
- Leading outreach initiatives, dialogue and other forms of engagement to understand key concerns and issues to inform the long term development of the service and service delivery
- Develop high quality and responsive information for stakeholders including background information and presentations
- Work with the team to identify emerging issues and support issues response
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships to exchange information to inform strategic and operational decisions related to the service
- Identify and support on PrescribeIT™ public relations activities to support stakeholder engagement objectives
- Track and report on engagement efforts
- Undergraduate Degree in related field with preference in marketing and/or brand management
- At least 10 years of working experience in a similar position (marketing, external relations, communications or other)
- Understanding of the technology environment and experience in the health care sector
- Advanced writing, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to develop persuasive narratives to support insights, findings and recommendations
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence
- Effective liaising and negotiating skills in potentially complex and highly emotive situations
- Excellent working knowledge of best practice in stakeholder engagement theory and practice
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify and manage emerging issues and risks in relation to service delivery and stakeholder coordination
- Knowledge and experience in the MS Office suite and client management information databases
- Experience in working with the community and complex stakeholder environments;
- Demonstrated ability to write for a range of purposes including publications, web and business reports
- Experience in producing and implementing communication, community relations and stakeholder engagement strategies and plans
- Ability to think creatively, to work under pressure and recognise and respond to sensitive issues
- Ability to engage others and gain support and confidence of senior management and key stakeholders
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.