Posting Date: January 26, 2018
Position Title: Project Manager, Access Digital Health
Department: Clinical Systems Integration
Report to: Group Director
Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
The Project Manager, Access Digital Health works with the Access Digital Health leadership to provide project management leadership and oversight to ensure the development of all work streams and Access Digital Health initiatives (e.g., the launch of myHealth Gateway*) are completed within the Infoway established timeline, budget and scope.
- Accountable for delivering successful project results
- Actively manages the implementation of project and ensures project activities and corresponding deadlines are assigned to team members as needed, track progress, assess risks and issues, update project documentation and quality assurance reports and ensure compliance
- Actively manages the development and monitoring of project budgets and resourcesand reports on project activities (e.g., planning, design, implementation, etc.) and ensures work is completed within timeline, budget and scope
- Coordinates the planning and preparation for project updates and approvals including change requests and/or legal agreement amendments to support approved changes to project budgets
- Identifies and manages the Infoway risk and issues processes related to project initiatives, collaborates with jurisdiction(s), and/or other project stakeholders, evaluates impacts and proposes mitigation plans in accordance to the Infoway Risk Management Framework
- Updates regularly the project’s risks and issues in terms of probability of occurrence and impacts, documents all actions taken to mitigate risks and resolve issues
- Acts as a liaison between key internal and external stakeholders
- Provides ongoing project reports and communication updates to internal and/or external stakeholders as required; may include project status updates, expense/budget reports, and other key metrics, risk mitigation, quality assurance, workshop outcomes, etc
- Ensures all product/services and vendors/suppliers for internal projects are engaged in compliance with Infoway’s procurement standards
- Contributes to Access Digital Health program forecasting, including sponsor expense forecasts and future year budgeting
- Develops recommendations for best practices/areas of improvement for future projects
- Undergraduate degree Computer Science, Health Informatics, Business, or a related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)® certification is an asset
- 8-10 years experience delivering results on large, complex Information Technology projects with a focus on services delivery (e.g., PaaS, SaaS)
- 5+ years’ experience in health care ideally in deploying Information Technology solutions
- Project management concepts, methodologies and tools
- Expertise in assessing and identifying project risks and experience in threat mitigation is an asset
- Understanding of the health care environment in both the public and private sectors, including funding processes, technology, and care delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time
- Bilingual Skills (French and English) are an asset
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.