Posting Date: January 22, 2018
Position Title: Research Analyst (part-time 10 hours weekly)
Department: Evaluation Services
Report to: Director, Applied Research
The Research Analyst is responsible for carrying out data management and analysis and general research activities.
- Clean and manage small survey datasets
- Run descriptive and cross-tabular analyses, including tests of statistical significance where appropriate
- Conduct environmental scans of the published and grey literature to support collaboration on manuscripts being developed for peer-review journals
- Assist with manuscript submissions
- Research activities relate quantitative analyses, graphical (PowerPoint) presentation of results and interpretation of project- and aggregated program-level survey data and understanding the effects of Canada’s investments in digital health technologies and the impact they have on Canadians and the healthcare system as a whole
- Undergraduate/graduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. health sciences)
- Experience in quantitative analysis techniques and statistical procedures.
- Proficient in SPSS statistical software
- Research experience in health services or policy, public or social policy, public health, social or behavioural health studies, or a related field is required.
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of statistical presentation and interpretation of data and results
- Pays close attention to detail
- Familiar with quantitative analyses techniques and research design.
- Knowledgeable of scientific and non-scientific literature search engines, familiarity with bibliography formats and bibliographic software (e.g., Reference Manager) is required
- Demonstrated strong analytical and critical thinking
- Superior English written and verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrates strong organization skills to plan, manage and produce deliverables, including reports to meet required timelines
- Able to work independently, think creatively, and exercise good judgment in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary team environment
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.