Posting Date: December 21, 2017
Position Title: Director, Information Management and Technology Services
Department: Information Management and Technology Services
Report to: Group Director, Information Management and Technology Services
Manages the Information Management and Technology Services team in Toronto to enable and support the execution of Infoway’s Entreprise Information Management (EIM) Strategy by business areas.
Supports the business needs of the corporation for Information Management (IM) solutions though the provisionof customized software applications, tools and related services
Promotes and enables effective management of Infoway through the development of corporate policies and guidelines
- Contributes to the development of Infoway’s overall strategic directions for information management and technology services, in close collaboration with business areas
- Contributes to the development, the maintenance and communication of an Enterprise Information Management Strategy, in close collaboration with business areas and aligned with business needs and priorities.
- Assesses organizational needs in the area of information management (IM) and proposes strategies to meet these needs.
- Develops, maintains and communicates corporate information management policies and practices related to collection, storage, access to, and retention of information assets as per the EIM Strategy
- Monitors industry best practices and emerging trends in IM in order to recommend applications, tools, policies and processes to meet business needs
- Builds relationships and collaborates with business units across the organization to contribute to the achievement of corporate goals.
- Engages with internal clients to enable the execution of the EIM Strategy
- Provides active support, senior technical leadership and advice to business areas to execute the EIM Strategy, including managing or co-managing projects related to IM.
- Delivers content and documentation to support the decision making process.
- Establishes and communicates client service standards to respond and manage client expectations.
- Leads collaborative work with IMT Services colleagues and internal clients, partners and stakeholders to assess client and user needs, define information management requirements, propose solutions, and test the fit of proposed solutions.
- Advises business units on options for, and approaches to meet information management needs.
- Identifies opportunities to replicate or expand the use of existing IM applications, methods, tools, and lessons learned and promotes the use of available solutions.
- Provides technical services and oversees projects that are managed or co- managed by IM Services, including development and maintenance of applications
- Provides technical services to support the acquisition or development of information management applications.
- Collaborates with internal partners on the on-going design, development, maintenance and enhancement of the Corporate Websites.
- Ensures appropriate governance and accountability mechanisms are in place to support efficient and effective achievement of project objectives.
- Liaises with IMT colleagues and internal clients to ensure project integration with other IM/IT initiatives and to ensure consistency with Infoway’s EIM and IT strategies.
- Establishes and maintains communications and change management mechanisms to effectively distribute IM updates and general awareness to all stakeholders in order to improve the use of technology.
- Responsible for ensuring that initiatives and activities are planned, coordinated and delivered in a timely manner.
- Manages user acceptance testing prior to the implementation of the new applications or systems.
- Manages and coaches employees
- Manages the day to day IMT operations of the Toronto office and resolves daily issues to improve customer service.
- Assigns and reviews work activities, and outlines overall performance standards to team members.
- Manages the recruitment and selection of resources, as required.
- Provides on-going monitoring of team member performance against benchmarks.
- Provides feedback, coaching, mentoring and development opportunities to create and maintain a high-functioning team and foster a positive work environment across the department.
- Monitors the progress of employee assignments.
- Conducts performance reviews and competency assessments.
- University degree or diploma in information technology, information management or equivalent
- Post-graduate degree in business or equivalent an asset
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in personal management
- 10+ years’ experience in the use of technology to support complex information management and knowledge management requirements, including application development
- 10+ years’ experience managing information technology or information management functions
- Knowledge and understanding of information management technology concepts, solutions, opportunities, trends and markets
- Knowledge of data, information management and business systems and applications
- Experience in project management and management of supplier relationships
- Bilingual skills (French and English) are an asset
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.